PaintShop Pro X8 has some new features of its own. Text can be made to flow around shapes, a common technique for desktop publishing (DTP) software but rarer for image editors. It’s delightfully easy to do – make a selection, select the Text tool, click inside the selection and start typing. The downside is that it’s not possible to amend the shape after entering text. With DTP software, text flows around objects, so the text is reflowed as objects are moved.
Easy quick fixes
Improve any photo with a complete set of image-editing tools. Crop, straighten, retouch and remove red eye.
Creative graphic design
Create impressive web, print and photo projects with brushes, textures, drawing and painting tools, and more.
Edit faster with this content-aware tool that automatically replaces the background when you move an object or person. Drag your selection to a new position and the empty area is filled in to match the surrounding background.
4K monitor support
See each detail and appreciate the beauty of your photos when you pair your new photo-editing software with a high resolution monitor. All-new icons and an enhanced interface compatible with Ultra High DPI displays (up to 250% zoom with 4K resolution).
- Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 with latest service pack (32-bit or 64-bit editions);
For virtualization: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 3
- Intel or AMD 1.5 GHz or faster processor with SSE2 supported (multi-core processor recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or higher recommended)
- 1 GB hard disk space (2 GB recommended)
- 1024 x 768 resolution with 16-bit color display (1366 x 768 resolution with 24-bit or higher color display recommended)
- DirectX 9 or higher compatible audio card with latest driver
- Internet connection required for online features and tutorial videos
- Windows compatible CD/DVD drive for installation
- ON1 Perfect Effects 9 is compatible with 64-bit systems only
Import Formats Supported
- AI, BMP, CAL, CALS, CGM, CLP, CMX*, CT, CUR, CUT, DCX, DIB, DRW*, EMF, EPS, GIF, HDP, HGL*, HPG*, IFF, IMG, J2C, J2K, JIF, JP2, JPC, JPE, JPEG, JPG, JPS, JPX, MAC, MPO, MRW, MSP, PBM, PCD*, PCT, PCX, PDF, PGL*, PGM, PIC, PICT, PNG, PNS, PPM, PS, PSD, PSP (PSP image files), RAS, RAW, RIF, RLE, SCT, SVG, SVGZ, TGA, TIF, UFO, WBM, WBMP, WDP, WEBP, WMF, WPG**
- Includes RAW file support from over 350 camera models with the following extensions: 3FR, ARW, CR2, CRW, DCR, DNG, ERF, K25, KDC, MEF, MOS, NEF, NRW, ORF, PEF, RAF, RW2, SR2, SRF, X3F
- Brush Format Supported
- PaintShop Pro Brush (.pspbrush), Adobe Photoshop Brush (.abr), Jasc Brush (.jbr)
Export Formats Supported
- BMP, CAL, CALS, CLP, CUT, DCX, DIB, EMF, EPS, AI, PS, GIF, HDP, WDP, IFF, IMG, JP2, J2C, J2K, JPC, JPX, JPG, JIF, JPE, JPEG, MAC, MSP, PBM, PCX, PGM, PIC, PPM, PNG, PSD, PSP (PSPIMAGE FILES), RAS, RAW, RIF, RIFF, RLE, SCT, CT, JPS, PNS, TGA, TIF, TIFF, WBMP, WBM, WEBP, WMF
- Supported on 32-bit installs only
- WPG (WordPerfect Vector only) is not supported on 64 bit. WordPerfect Bitmap is supported on 64 bit.