Today, NAO is the leading humanoid robot being used in research and education worldwide. Robotics is the fastest growing and most advanced technology used in education and research. The NAO humanoid robot is the ideal platform for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) concepts at all levels. By using the NAO platform, instructors and researchers stay current with major technical and commercial breakthroughs in programming and applied research. Using NAO guarantee students the best possible career and college readiness!
It is equipped with many sensors: Tactile Sensors, Ultrasonic sensors, A Gyro, An Accelerometer, Force Sensors, Infrared sensors, 2 HD Cameras, 4 Microphones and high accuracy digital encoders on each joint.
It has two processors on board: an Intel Atom 1.6Ghz (The main computer includes SSD drive, WiFi, Bluetooth and wired network) and an additional ARM-9 processor in its chest.
The advanced software package includes a full SDK and API in Java, C++, C# (.Net), Matlab, and Python. Every robot comes standard with Choregraphe, an award winning software that makes it easy to program the robot using a drag and drop interface which simplifies the programming for new and advanced users alike. The software package includes an advanced simulation software based on Webots.
ADVANTAGES TO USING NAO:
- Hands-on experience by connecting theory with practice to discover a wide range of fields linked to robotics such as computer science, mechanics, electronics or control.
- Inspiring a high level of motivation & interest for engineer careers. For example: studying control to grasp objects or computing matrix or face detection to get NAO moving become exciting projects
- Fostering team work, project management, problem solving and communication skills.
- Projects or labs based approach for teaching Robotics and Computer Science
- Improvement of achievement & learning effectiveness
- Increasing of female student enrollment and student engagement
FOR TEACHING & RESEARCH
- Computer sciences, mechanics, electronics, and control are already at the core of the NAO platform. Our curriculum used in conjunction with NAO allows students to develop a structured approach to finding solutions and adapting a wide range of cross-sectional educational content.
About The NAO Robot Family
NAO is the most widely-used humanoid robot in the world for Research and Education. RobotsLAB brings NAO, the cutting-edge robotics technology; to all academic institution and companies interested in doing research with a robot, or teaching STEM related topics.
NAO is state-of-the-art robotics technology and works straight out of the box.The latest version – NAO V5 Evolution provides better computing power, and more capability to help teachers to engage students in STEM programs such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering. NAO offers a multi-platform and multi-level programming environment that allows users to create any kind of behaviors by using the features of the platform. The curriculum that RobotsLAB has developed enables teachers to begin teaching any STEM related topic right away with NAO.
Beginners can use Choregraphe, a user-friendly behavior editor. An easy drag-and-drop method allows users to simply pick-up boxes of pre-programmed behaviors and to create complete sequences of behaviors. They can also program their own behavior in Python language, and then save it into the library. NAOSim 3D simulator is interfaced with Choregraphe to let users test NAO’s behavior in a virtual environment. Users can modify the environment, insert and edit objects and simulate NAO’s behaviors before sending command to the real robot.
Advanced users can program NAO in C++ and .Net languages and directly access to NAOqi (NAO framework) APIs. The APIs give the user low level access to NAO’s sensors and actuators. Users can also program NAO with other software including: Webots, MATLAB and Microsoft Robotics Studio.
** NAO Robots purchased from RobotsLAB are for use only in North and Latin America, and can be serviced only by Aldeabran Robotics in Boston, MA **
There are no reviews yet.