The FineReader application converts scanned images into editable file formats and has received an “Excellent” rating by PC Magazine. The latest version, FineReader 12, recognizes printed text in 190 languages.
ABBYY FineReader 12 OCR software creates editable, searchable, files and e-books from scans, PDFs and digital photographs. Even higher accuracy delivers unmatched recognition, conversion and layout retention, eliminating retyping or reformatting. Advanced background processing and rapid image loading combined with one-click automation help you get more done, much faster.
The corporate edition includes a few additional features and is designed to be installed on a server for access by a set number of users. FineReader scored higher than even the best OCR software in our review with regard to each of these capabilities.
ABBYY FineReader Features
- Faster and More Accurate Document Conversion
- Instant Document Opening and Background Processing
- Improved Batch Processing in Hot Folder
- Quick Text and Data Extraction
- Recognizes More Languages, More Accurately
- Better Appearance of Archived Copies
- Faster Results Verification and Correction
- Full Windows 8 Support
- Seamless Document Sharing and Cloud Access
ABBYY FineReader System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista® / XP
- Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 / 2012 R2 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2003
- For working with localized interfaces corresponding language support is required
- PC with 1 GHz or higher
- 1024 MB RAM
- In a multiprocessor system, an additional 512 MB of RAM is required for each additional processor core
- 850 MB of hard disk space for typical program installation and 850 MB free space for optimal program operation
- Video card with 1280×1024 resolution or higher
- An Internet connection is required to activate your serial number. Some FineReader 12 versions support activation by phone in addition to activation by internet. Connection charges for telephone or Internet may apply.