WinRAR is compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP, and the installation file is compatible with 32 and 64-bit systems. In addition, it can integrate with the antivirus installed on your PC and support a wide range of formats.
Unlike ZipGenius or 7-Zip, WinRAR isn’t free, but it does include many more features and configuration options. Compared to competitors such as WinZip WinRAR also offers the best compression ratio and more speed.
Ultimately, if you need an efficient compression/decompression program with advanced features, then WinRAR is the way to go.
WinRAR at a glance
- WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface. WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure.